- Mooks is building in Hudson. Yay for 1)trial and error and 2) breaking initialize() in Darkstar while I was testing locally. #
- Thinking about installing/hacking on pygowave. #
- I have installed pygowave on my server, but I need to work through some bugs still. (http://bit.ly/PDQX9 #
- https://svn.sagaoftherealms.net now has a real ssl cert on it. #
- Moved all of my game into Hudson and Maven. #
- Running PMD, Findbugs, and Checkstyle on my code to see how annoyed I can make myself. #
- So make that PMD and Fingbugs. Checkstyle really doesn't help you if you are only one person. #
- Brag is done. I discovered that you have to use a database to host authentication credentials in Darkstar. #
- At the doctor reading up on Google Wave. Yay for medically induced hookey. #
- While a wave server may be fun to make, I am enjoying working on my Darkstar project. I have channels and logins now! #
Last week I rode the BRAG (www.brag.org). I didn’t take any pictures this year, but it was worth while. Among other things, I got a chance to work on my game, Mooks, and I experienced the utter suck of filtered public school internet. For some reason, everything with “blog” in the url was pretty throughly blocked. Additionally Facebook, several email services, and Twitter were locked down so my updates slowed to a crawl.
I have learned a few things about the Darkstar project so far. First, it needs more documentation. For instance, there is no official doc regarding for performing client authentication. For the curious you set “com.sun.sgs.app.authenticators” in your properties file to a class which implements “com.sun.sgs.auth.IdentityAuthenticator”. Note, you have to access an external data store because queries to the Darkstar DataManager won’t work until you have logged in.
I also got a chance to read the Google Wave protocol document. I may take the time to write my own Wave server just to get experience doing that type of thing. If you haven’t taken the time to watch the Wave keynote, please do.
Meanwhile, Netbeans 6.7 has been rocking so far. The integration with Maven, Mercurial, and Hudson have really made getting work done on my project much less painful. Originally I had started doing personal work in Netbeans because Eclipse felt too much like work, but now I am starting to honestly prefer Netbeans to Eclipse.
I apologize that this post was so scatter shot, I promise to make the next one much more technical. I have yet to begin work on the second part of my FirstCup series, but that should be out in a couple of weeks.
- Fetch Row from database, salt and hash provided password, test against password in database, return result. #